WelCome To the Best Gadgets blog on Internet :-)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scratch: The Ultimate DJ

"Go DJ! Yeah DJ!" That's the jingle for Scratch: The Ultimate DJ, a new video game with a controller that is quite similar to DJ Hero.

As you can see, it comes with a turntable with a somewhat authentic vinyl record attached to it. There may not be an arm for you to scratch up the vinyl, but there are five buttons with a cross-fader. Scratch will allow the player to upload samples with a compatible USB mic, as well as use the preloaded ones.

As of now, I am not certain what console this will be available for. You might be able to see that there is an X, circle, square, and triangle for the buttons, so is it for Sony Playstation? The peripheral certainly seems versatile enough to be used for any console system, even a PC.

I believe that I previously mentioned how the controller on Scratch resembles the one for DJ Hero. If I had to choose the one that I would use, I would probably use the one from Scratch, as its buttons are on the side of the turntable and not on the turntable itself.

By the way, the Scratch controller can be used by both left-handed and right-handed players. I'm not certain if DJ Hero allots for that.

I guess we will see in the fall, when Scratch is due for release. There is planned to be a preview of this game at E3 if you can't wait that long, though.

No comments: