WelCome To the Best Gadgets blog on Internet :-)

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Minus Trashcan Concept eliminates trashcan odor

It's funny that I should come across this trashcan now, since I just this morning remembered that I tossed a touch of raw meat into the trashcan two days ago.  Two days old raw meat that sits in room temperature makes for a charming smell in the kitchen.  Even after I took the trash bag out, the damage was done, so now my kitchen has a fairly strong odor to it that will take a little while to go away.  Now, if I had this trashcan around, none of this would have ever happened.  The food wouldn't have spoiled so quickly and I wouldn't need a face mask to toss things into the trash.

This odd looking trashcan does all this by utilizing a UV light and keeping your trash cool.  If the trash stays cool and you have a UV light to kill off the bacteria, you wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with stinky trash.  Of course this is only a concept design, as most brilliant ideas tend to be.  There is also the snag that adding that much technology to a trashcan means that you're going to be paying quite a bit for such a small convenience.  For now, we'll just have to attempt to remember to take out the trash a bit sooner when we toss away something that could spoil.

No comments: